Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Elephant and Piggie books, by Mo Willems

I'm on the hunt for stories that can be adapted into puppet plays.  They're fun to tell at storytimes or class visits.  Mo Willem's Elephant and Piggie books have potential.  They're short, funny, entirely told with dialogue and actions, and usually feature two speakers.

So far, "Pigs Make Me Sneeze!" looks most promising; it's ready-made for audience participation.  I'm halfway through reading/rereading the rest to see which others feel ripe for retelling.

Books in this Series (So Far):
Today I Will Fly!*
My Friend is Sad *
There is a Bird on Your Head!*
I Am Invited to a Party!*
I Love My New Toy! *
I Will Surprise My Friend!*
Are You Ready To Play Outside?*
Watch Me Throw The Ball!*
Elephants Cannot Dance!*
Pigs Make Me Sneeze!*
I am Going!*
Can I Play Too?*

* Titles I've read

No comments:

Post a Comment