Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lucifer [10] Morningstar (by Mike Carey)

Volume 10 of Lucifer arrived this week, teaching me that sometimes books can take 2 months to go from "newly arrived" to actually available in my library system.  I'm curious about where the backlogs and bottlenecks in the process are, but I'm not sure I'll ever know without working in the technical services department.  We're also in the midst of a hiring freeze so I suspect those departments have been left with unfilled vacancies, resulting in predictable delays.

Morningstar is the second to last volume of Lucifer (discussed here) and contains the climactic moments of this series.  Brief impressions: My discomfort grows in regards to the overtly judeo-christian power structure imposed upon the world I still equate with the Sandman comics.  My affection for the character Elaine is unabated. She makes this series for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment