Sunday, January 24, 2010

Joker (by Brian Azzarello)

This noir tale in violent bloody Gotham begins upon the release of the Joker from Arkham Asylum. Apparently he has convinced someone that he is sane. Heaven knows how.

Azzarello has a reputation as an excellent crime comic writer, best known for penning 100 Bullets.  Having never read any of the modern (or indeed any) Batman comics, I thought I'd give his work a try.  I liked that this was written as a complete graphic novel, rather than serialized as most comics still are, allowing the author to better guide the flow of the story.  Dark thoughts and actions are not my usual cup of tea so I'm not planning on reading anymore of his work, but the book is well done and will find itself a very satisfied readership.

No comments:

Post a Comment