Friday, January 1, 2010

I Read...

In 2009 I read 84 comics or graphic novels, 55 novels, 4 informative nonfiction books, 2 collections of anecdotal short stories, and innumerable picture books. I'm sure there were a few more I forgot to record. It was a good year.

I requested 197 books (or other materials) for work, and another 142 on my personal library card. Thank goodness for unlimited requests for staff.

When I'm reading this much, I forget details and impressions. This year I want to try keeping better notes & annotations so I remember more clearly. I read for fun, and simply because I'm addicted to stories, but everything I read is also helpful for work.

I love being able to suggest a good book to someone who isn't sure what s/he is looking for, or who has finished a favourite series and doesn't know where to go next. Conversely, it drives me crazy when I can't. This year I may try to explore a little more outside of my comfort zone to acquaint myself with genres that I wouldn't naturally gravitate towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment