Sunday, June 27, 2010

Poppleton series, by Cynthia Rylant

Poppleton the pig moves out to a small town where he meets some good friends with whom he has some good friendly adventures.  Each book includes three chapter length stories.  They're reminiscent of Frog and Toad, but not quite so slapstick silly, and include a larger cast of characters.

The stories are generally charming, but Poppleton and his friends don't particularly captivate me, so apart from a couple stand out stories I'm unmoved.  However, I suspect an army of young readers may disagree with me on that score.  I would happily recommend these to new readers who are somewhat less jaded than I.

Titles
Poppleton*
Poppleton and Friends*
Poppleton Everyday*
Poppleton Forever
Poppleton in Spring*
Poppleton in Fall
Poppleton Has Fun*
Poppleton in Winter

* Titles I have read

No comments:

Post a Comment