Sunday, May 9, 2010

Runaways: Homeschooling, by Kathryn Immonen & Sara Pichelli

Runaways is one of the few in-production comics that I'm currently reading.  It's a superhero comic so each of the teenagers has something unrealistically special about them.  Despite that, they're portrayed as fairly normal teens, and I love their interpersonal dynamics.  I'm still bitter about one death earlier on in the series, and while I generally dislike plot twists that bring the presumed-dead back, I find myself uncharacteristically hoping for just that.

Thanks again to my dear colleague for keeping me up to date on Runaways, lending me his copies of the new releases so I don't have to wait for my library's acquisitions & cataloguing departments to do their time-consuming magic before I can read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment